So, those of you who have visited this blog already and perused our Community section know that we have a growing little interactive area based on the mightybell.com platform. Call it the “Little Community That Could” for now, and we’re excited about the opportunity to reach more sex-positive Christians who want a place to, yes, talk about sex with each other.
As we discuss there, M&S+ seeks to bring Christians together who believe in the sex-positive, hot-monogamy movement, and have them interact in a genuine, forward-thinking, friendly, and healthy Christian environment and community that supports them, encourages them, and prays for them.
In order for such a community to grow and prosper, it is essential for there to be a medium by which like-minded, sex-positive Christians – whether they be. married men and women, singles, divorcees, and widows/ers — can engage with one another in a real-time, interactive medium through small groups and/or individual conversations.
That’s our belief. To take it a step further, though, we want to talk about some additional reasons why you should join, to give you a feel of the type of community we are going to create. So here are 6 Reasons Why You Should Join M&S+: The Community today:
1. It’s like a Coffee Shop. When you first arrive at M&S+: The Community, you’ll be greeted just like friendly baristas would at your favorite coffee shop. Around you will be people having civil discussions – in threads – about various topics surrounding sexuality. They will be bold, in some cases, but respectful. Always positive. Some may be having private conversations out of ear shot – and that’s okay too. At our shop, we don’t allow people to harass anyone or be a jerk -otherwise, you go home with JUST your cup of coffee. The point with this analogy is that it’s a pleasant, positive atmosphere, just like you’d expect.
2. It’s like a Corner Bar. Ever want to just hang out after work with a few friends who understand you and your dilemma. Where everyone knows your name (screenname, in this case) and they’re always glad you came? That’s also us. You can kick back, pour back a virtual cold one, and tell us what’s on your mind in a bold manner – regarding sexuality in marriage, regarding a struggle you’re having, or just to talk about promoting a sex-positive culture in general. We’ll tell you it’s okay, to go ahead and say it, and support you or give you advice, just like you would expect from a trusty bartender. We’ll also make sure you don’t drink too many, though, and are respectful to other patrons. And, we’ll make sure you go home to your spouse, only.
3. It’s like a Church. Yes, it is!! First of all, we’ll always keep Christ at the center of everything we do, period! Second, we’ll pray for you – more than you know. Marital sexuality is an issue that needs to be prayed about, for one, but so do singles , so do divorcees, so do people struggling as the low drive spouse. We even offer a “Prayer of the Day” to ponder. We want to be encouraging and always thinking of you.
4. It’s like a Library. Not sure about posting that marriage-based erotic story you have in mind on MarriageHeat yet? We have a special Storytellers section where we allow you, with a limited audience, to write out stories and get feedback. You may even find someone to write a story with! All in a safe spot where you will be encouraged and offered constructive, positive feedback.. All with the same values, too. Of course ,the stories will be hot – just like they are on MH!
5. It’s like a Mutual Admiration Society. A genuine one. Where, hopefully, sex-positive thought-leaders from across the Christian faith come together to support one another, lift each other up, and cheer each other on. Just had a great date with the spouse? Tell us! Just had a great launch at your blog? Tell us! Just met the woman of your dreams? Tell us! It’s fine, we’re open, and our core rule is that we’ll ALWAYS be positive. No negativity. Honesty, yes, but no put downs. We recognize we’re all kind of in this together and we truly admire what the others are doing for this cause.
6. It’s like a Rally! This is a movement – we all recognize that – to truly change how Christians think about and talk about sex. So, yes, we’re kind of jazzed about that, and there is some degree of camaraderie in the fact we’re all crazy enough to push this movement, even if it might make some around us think we’re a bit, well, out there. But, this is an important cause that can save marriages, keep people off of harmful paths, and generally just promote general happiness. That’s a good thing, and we like to really be unified in that effort…so it is like a rally!
So, we hope you’ll come by…we believe you’ll enjoy it. You will build real friendships. Real connections. Get real advice. And engage in real discussion. For more on the rules and our troll-free environment, visit the community page. If you’re ready to join, click here!
We’ll see you there!